Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Turkey Stuffing

This stuffing was not put into the turkey because I read somewhere that it would take longer to cook. I don't know about that but, the stuffing was moist and absolutely delectable cooked this way.

Ingredients:
Day-old French Bread (cut into cubes)
Celery (sliced into pieces about 1/2" thick)
Apple (cut into cubes)
Onion (diced)
Butter
Turkey Stock
Salt and Pepper

Method:
1- Brown bread cubes in butter. Remove and set aside.
2- Sweat onions and celery in more butter (mmMMmm yuummmmm...).
3- Add the bread cubes and apple into the sweated celery and onions and add turkey stock slowly. Add it just so to keep the stuffing moist.
4- Simmer/ cook on low heat for about 15 to 20 mins, checking constantly and keeping it moist.
5- If you need to, season with salt and pepper (I bet you wont have to because I didn't ;) ).




2 comments:

  1. The more traditional approach would be to cook the stuffing in the oven in an ovenproof dish. The edges will be all crunchy then!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha :D

    I had some during dinner at Church and it was rather dry... I liked this recipe because it was still moist and mushy...

    But I shall try the more traditional way next time :D

    ReplyDelete