Friday, January 8, 2010

First Christmas Away

Oh well...

The thought of spending my first ever Christmas away from my family seemed a fun idea at first- especially with my parents falling asleep at 10pm usually and leaving my sisters and I to our own devices. But, when this festive seasoned rolled around and I realized that I had no family whatsoever here, I started to get depressed.

Until I remembered that although we might not be related through blood ties, the friends that I have met here and bonded with for the past few months have become in a way, family. (As cheesy as that sounded... it's true)

And so, in appreciation and gratitude of these wonderful people, I decided to make Christmas dinner :D

The Menu:

Mince Pie
Broccoli and Cheese Casserole (Courtesy of our Great Chef C)
Pasta and Red Wine Sauce (Courtesy of the Charming A)

and last but not least.... C and I constructed this beauty well into the night:

Gingerbread House

The dinner was a smashing success I have to say. The food played a part in it of course... but what was more important was the warmth I felt with these crazy bunch of people crowding out my kitchen and making an uber amount of noise.

"We accept you for who you are!!"

Thanks guys :D

No comments:

Post a Comment