Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Cranberry Sauce


I was mightily please with myself for making this from scratch. But being the scatterbrain that I am, I forgot to serve it with my beautiful turkey and almost cried in frustration when I realized I forgot it, after my guests had left. Oh well, my friends and I used it as jam for breakfast and boy did it taste good.

Ingredients:
1 cup Sugar
1 cup Water
4 cups Frozen Cranberries

Method:
1- Bring water and sugar to boil in a saucepan.
2- Mix frozen cranberries in and simmer for about 10 mins.
3- Turn heat off when the berries have all popped.
4- Sauce will start to thicken while it cools.

Enjoy. If not as sauce for your turkey, at least with your toast in the mornings :P

Tip:
- You can add spices of any choice in this. For example, cinnamon, clove and so on and so forth. Just add it in with the berries.

No comments:

Post a Comment