Thursday, November 26, 2009

Art Studio

My final assignment for art is a bad-ass life-size portrait of... myself.... what a bummer.. i see so many other beautiful specimens out there, ready to pose for me and my assignment has to be about myself... and it has to be recognizable too.... bummer...

And so, C came with me on a hunt for my art supplies: a life size canvas which i would have to convey back to my dorm in university by means of riding on a bus because a taxi ride would have just killed my budget for this month :(

Guess what? Exhibition quality life size canvases cost A BOMB! Like $69 or something!! I then ended up buying a 9ft by 5ft unprimed raw canvas ($15) a bottle of Gesso/canvas primer ($12) and a big brush ($14)- coz i didnt want to be priming my 5ft by 2ft canvas with my teensy 3'' brush :P
and the grand total? all in all with tax and everything... about $40 :D

Downside of it all? I have to prime my own canvas for which i have to first stretch it out and my room has been turned into an art studio for that purpose :D


No comments:

Post a Comment