Thursday, June 24, 2010

Pasta with a Bacon Mushroom Cream Sauce

Well, during a practice session with the peeps performing at my parent's Renewal of Vows, I was ordered by my mum to cook dinner while she went out with my dad.

So, at home with 7 other peeps to feed and a shortage of variety of ingredients, I was relieved when I found bacon and mushrooms in the fridge. As a bonus, there was also thick cream (altho not enough so I had to improvise and used milk too...)

Ingredients:
Pasta
Bacon (smoked preferably)
Oyster Mushrooms
Bunapi-Shimeji (White Beech Mushrooms)
Garlic
Thick Cream
Milk
Black Pepper
Oil (tiny bit)

Method:

1- Heat up oil and cook bacon. While the bacon juices are emerging, throw in chopped garlic and cook until soft, not brown. Put on a pot of water to boil.
2- Add Oyster Mushrooms and White Beech Mushrooms and cook until soft. Meanwhile, cook pasta in pot of water.
3- Season bacon and mushrooms with black pepper. Add about 1/4 cup of milk and cook until it reduces. Add another 1/4 cup of milk and reduce some more. Add about 3 tbsps of thick cream to the sauce.
4- When pasta is cooked, drain away the water and mix into the cream sauce. Take off the heat and serve.

Bon appetit peeps ;)





No comments:

Post a Comment