Monday, April 11, 2011

Homemade Meatballs

mmmMMMmmmmm yyyYYYUUuuummmmmm... Meatballs. Homemade. Need I say more?

The way I make my meatballs, I pack them with so much flavour that it's as enjoyable eating it on its own as eating it with pasta and sauce.

Anyway, signing up for meatball making duty for our church's potluck lunch helped me rediscover my love of conjuring up little spheres of yumminess :D I made so much that we had more at home for dinner. Just because we can.

Ingredients:

Ground beef (if it's extra lean, mix with half ratio of ground pork, it helps make it more moist)
Chopped Garlic (I love lots and lots of it. As Jk commented: "They make me burp garlic for hours but they are yummy!")
Slices of Bread
Milk (just enough to cover up the bread. This helps with making the meat adhere and it makes it even more moist. Ever since I discovered this secret, I have not made dry meatballs ever since)
Grated Cheddar Cheese
Salt and Pepper to taste

Method:

1- Wash hands. I use my hands to mix the ingredients together. I find it so much easier and thorough. And then preheat your oven to 200 degree Celsius.
2- Put ground beef into a large mixing bowl. Dump chopped garlic, grated cheese and salt and pepper in.
3- Mash the milk and bread up properly and dump it into the mixing bowl with the beef and the rest of the ingredients.
4- Flex your muscles and start kneading the mixture until you're sure that the ingredients are throughly combined.
5- Roll meatballs about roughly 2 inches in diameter and arrange on tray.
6- Put into oven for about 20 mins, turning the heat down to 180 degree Celsius for the last 5 mins.
7- Take out of oven and serve alone or with pasta sauce. Enjoy.

p.s. I forgot to buy milk while I was making this batch and substituted it with beef stock instead. And I added chilli powder. Any combination of herbs or ingredients that sounds pleasing could be added too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment